Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
DS needs more challenging and in depth math work than what school is giving him. I remember someone posted that the Murderous Math series are fun and interesting. Do I need to buy these in a certain order? They are teaching probability in his class so I was going to order that one. Are there any ones you like best?

Any other math things I should look at also?

Thanks for your help.
You don't need to buy them in order, no (although the way I got our set was a fabulously good value offer on the whole set, so watch out for one!) DS5 has only recently grown into them, so the only one I can comment on from his opinion of it is Numbers, the Key to the Universe, but that one is pretty good. I haven't read them enough myself to have an opinion.

I've also recently bought The Adventures of Penrose the Mathematical Cat, and The Number Devil. These both look pretty good to me, but DS has not read them yet.
They can be read out of order--our DS has.

I'd also recommend:
http://www.horriblebooks.com/

Small boutique shop with awesome customer service. 9 set of MM books will be in stock soon. Now we're hooked on horrible histories, so watch out!

JB, a very, horribly satisfied customer
Thanks for the link, JBDad. As it turns out, there's a sizeable sale going on through 11/15 - 20% off, no sales tax, no shipping! Woo hoo, I'm getting the boy some more books!

Bedtime reading tonight was Desperate Measures :-)

JB
Love Desperate Measures!!! We often find specials thru our local scholastic catalogue and they make great bday pressies!

jojo
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum