Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: melmichigan PLATO is available to order! - 06/29/09 06:05 PM
The middle school and high school science classes are available to order. The complete curriculum offerings are supposed to be available later today but information on them is also on the site. Visit:

www.homeschoobuyersco-op.org

Enjoy! smile
Posted By: Raddy Re: PLATO is available to order! - 07/02/09 10:59 AM
melmichigan
I can't get that link to work!
Posted By: melmichigan Re: PLATO is available to order! - 07/02/09 12:02 PM
It was just the website, for a link try this:

http://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/

Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: PLATO is available to order! - 07/02/09 12:38 PM
I'm not sure about the time slots and if that would work for us but I might try one and see how it goes.
Posted By: melmichigan Re: PLATO is available to order! - 07/02/09 01:20 PM
The time slots are new this year, since the company has changed. They are also available with 24/7 but it costs more, although still less than getting them from our state virtual school. I'm not sure about time slots either since I won't get my DD's therapy schedule until school starts. I'm looking at a complete curriculum if I can find some more info on some of the classes, they are 24/7. (Each class cost $219/yr at our state virtual school, so still a great savings.)
Posted By: elizabeth4 Re: PLATO is available to order! - 07/02/09 11:47 PM
Has anyone had any experience with PLATO'S complete curriculum?

I'm interested in the 6-12 complete curriculum package that homeschool buyers coop is currently offering that Melissa mentioned.

I've heard good things about the science program but haven't heard much about the other courses.
Posted By: Botchan Re: PLATO is available to order! - 01/16/10 10:11 PM
Hi Melissa,
Do you have to homeschool to join Homeschool buyers Co-op? My DS is in public school right now, but I am considering homeschooling him for next school year. Thanks.
Posted By: Cricket2 Re: PLATO is available to order! - 01/16/10 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Botchan
Hi Melissa,
Do you have to homeschool to join Homeschool buyers Co-op? My DS is in public school right now, but I am considering homeschooling him for next school year. Thanks.
I'm not Melissa, but I'll answer your question anyway wink! Yes, you are supposed to be homeschooling to join. They have you fill out a confirmation that you are primarily responsible for the home education of at least one child. I guess that they'd have no way of verifying if you wanted to say that you were homeschooling even if you weren't though.
Posted By: Botchan Re: PLATO is available to order! - 01/17/10 12:11 AM
Thanks, Cricket2.
Posted By: melmichigan Re: PLATO is available to order! - 01/18/10 12:12 AM
Since this thread has been revived...I will add that the time slots did not work for us. I ended up going back and purchasing 24/7 access instead. smile
Posted By: kimck Re: PLATO is available to order! - 01/18/10 12:58 AM
Time slots aren't working the best for us either! DS isn't liking it quite as much as I thought he would, but he is learning the material. Might go back and pick 24/7.
Posted By: melmichigan Re: PLATO is available to order! - 01/18/10 01:57 AM
I emailed them and explained the situation. They let me pay the difference. smile
Posted By: Kriston Re: PLATO is available to order! - 01/18/10 02:05 AM
We have pretty rigid homeschooling times, so the time slot is working fine for us. But if your schedule is more loosey-goosey, then it might not work so well.
Posted By: melmichigan Re: PLATO is available to order! - 01/18/10 02:23 AM
My problem was that it doesn't take into account when my DD wants to do science at 7pm, or really doesn't want to stop now and her time is up. It would be easier if she would be more rigid sometimes. wink
Posted By: kimck Re: PLATO is available to order! - 01/18/10 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by melmichigan
I emailed them and explained the situation. They let me pay the difference. smile

Great! Thanks for the info. I may just do the same in the morning. :-)

We've been crawling because our schedule's too weird to allow us to get on more than a couple times a week lately. We've had lots of fun social/outing opportunities lately I cannot resist.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum