Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: momx2 Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program - 06/16/09 03:16 AM
Hello! I hope your summer is going well. I'm sending a link for one of the best *freebies* out there:
B&NSummerReading
All 1st through 6th graders are eligible for 1 free book (from a list of predetermined titles) after they read 8 books this summer and record it on B&N's form. Take your completed form to Barnes & Noble to claim your free book.
Enjoy!
Posted By: inky Re: Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program - 06/16/09 03:36 AM
Thanks!
DD7 and DD5 are rapidly working their way through our library's summer reading program. This will be a good next step to keep the momentum going.
And the best reward for reading is ...more books! smile
Thanks! We are having the same problem with our library's summer reading program.
Posted By: RobotMom Re: Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program - 06/20/09 04:03 AM
Ditto the above comments. DD will love this treat.
Thanks a lot smile
Posted By: Cathy A Re: Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program - 06/20/09 04:49 AM
Thanks, momx2! I had forgotten about this...
Posted By: mmme Re: Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program - 06/23/09 02:43 AM
TD Banknorth also has a summer reading program in some states. Read 10 books and they will put $10 into an existing or new account. This is really motivating my reluctant reader! For my daughter, who reads voraciously, I made the challenge "fair" by saying that she had to read 10 books of my choosing. So far she has loved everything I suggested, and most were books that she rejected the last time I tried.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum