Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Singapore Math CWP going OOP - 04/12/09 12:25 AM
From SM Forum link

Challenging Word Problems is going out of print. This will be the last year that we can get any to sell. We will try to find something appropriate to replace them with, but most of the material I now see coming out of Singapore is for their newer series, and is thus simpler and not as challenging.
Posted By: LMom Re: Singapore Math CWP going OOP - 04/12/09 01:47 AM
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the heads up. I consider this a must to have. I better go and buy the last one for DS6 and almost the whole set for DS4.
Posted By: kimck Re: Singapore Math CWP going OOP - 04/12/09 01:50 AM
Darn! What to do, what to do. Thanks for the heads up!
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: Singapore Math CWP going OOP - 04/12/09 02:25 AM
I know....I'm going to go ahead and get a set for my 2nd DS. I won't get one for DD(2)...if nothing else great replaces it by then, I'll use white out tape on my 2nd DS's set.

There is something replacing it but not sure of the quality. Read about it here. Link

Comment from WTM:
Also, keep in mind Frank Schaffer publications is coming out with a line of Singapore Standards supplements, so I'm wondering if they've included any of those cwp's in there.

reply:
They do have some word problem books coming out, with titles like "70 Essential Word Problems for Grade X" or some such. However, I'm skeptical about any US "Singapore Math" product not released by SingaporeMath.com, given the high level of support and the attention and work they've put into their offerings.
Posted By: Edwin Re: Singapore Math CWP going OOP - 04/13/09 05:47 PM
Thank you for the hears up, I will order more ASAP. DS6 really likes the SM books.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum