Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Mommy2myEm C-Mites Weekend workshops - 03/31/09 01:19 AM
We do not live in the official C-Mites region, but while visiting friends in Pittsburgh, DD participated in two classes with friends two sons. She liked her Creative Writing class the best and when she came home from school today she began writing a story using many of the techniques learned. He teacher was engaging and she made friends with other gifted kids. I wanted to tell our experience briefly in case someone lives in the are and is considering these classes.

Jen
Posted By: Mommy2myEm Re: C-Mites Weekend workshops - 03/31/09 12:43 PM
The boys enjoyed Robotics class and I believe they were all full by the time I registered Em for her classes. Both days there were maybe 5 or 6 classes going on at the same time and most were well attended.

The summer camps are all week long day camps I believe, so we will likely wait until fall for another trip to Pittsburgh. I wish we had something like this in our area. Our local program was discontinued this year (the academic summer program) and they will have a camp but it is strictly for 12-14 year old kids.

Jen
Posted By: RobotMom Re: C-Mites Weekend workshops - 04/02/09 08:29 PM
Do you know a webpage or a link for info about c-mite? We may be in Pa this summer...
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum