Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Tiz George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt - 03/26/09 04:28 PM
If your children enjoyed "George's Secret Key to the Universe", the next book "George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt" (by Stephen Hawking & Lucy Hawking) is out soon - 2nd April here in the UK. My DS6 who loves space couldn't get enough of this book and learned so much from it!
Posted By: LMom Re: George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt - 03/26/09 05:21 PM
Thank you! DS6 finished "George's Secret Key to the Universe" a few weeks ago and still talks about it. I hope they will publish it in US soon too.
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt - 03/26/09 06:52 PM
OH have you guys seen the Uncle Albert and the Quantum Quest? It is written by a physicist. IT came up on Amazon when I searched for George's Secret key. The library has the first book in the series so I ordered it!
Posted By: Tiz Re: George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt - 03/26/09 10:38 PM
Thanks Dazed&Confuzed the Uncle Albert books sound perfect for DS6!
Posted By: BWBShari Re: George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt - 03/26/09 11:03 PM
We're reading the first one now... We'll have to keep our eye out for the sequel, Thanks!
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt - 03/26/09 11:11 PM
There are 3 Uncle Albert books out although my library doesn't have book 2 and 3 and Amazon was out of stock for book 2.
Posted By: mamaandmore Re: George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt - 03/27/09 02:26 AM
Both DS7 and DS5 have been asking about a sequel, I'm glad to know one is coming! It looks like it will be released in the U.S. on May 19th, in case anyone was wondering.
Posted By: Tiz Re: George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt - 04/05/09 08:30 PM
We have got our copy of "George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt" from amazon (co.uk) and are almost halfway through - it is brilliant so far and DS6 is loving it!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum