Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Tamara Fisher has another great blog entry. This time it's about having gifted kids read books about gifted kids, and hopefully have good discussion related to various issues particular to gifted kids. (well, basically) There's a great list of books for 5th-6th graders, which are Tamara's students, but she also has great links at the end.

Using Bibliotherapy with Gifted Kids
Score!!! What a great resource. Thanks for pointing it out.
Great resource. DD just finished reading The Mysterious Benedict Society and loved it. Finding books about gifted kids is certainly something that interests her.

Jen
I've been reading a lot about bibliotherapy for several months, and getting books that I thought might help GS9 work through some things.

eta: I am totally impressed with "My grandfathers son" by Clarence Thomas.
Nice article! I added a few suggestions to the list.
I like "Some of My Best Friends are Books" great book list in it. I see Tamara referenced it at the end of her article.
Thanks so much St. Pauli Girl! I bookmarked it for DD9 to pick out a summer reading list. What a great list!
Nice find SPG, I think my DS may enjoy some of these books.

Joe
Thank you! I have her blog in my bookmark but have not read this post yet. Thks for the update! (if not I would have missed it) smile
I found a great article "Using Biography to Counsel Gifted Young Women". It has some great biographies listed and what themes they present in them. We are heading to the library this weekend and maybe pick up one of the recommendations.

http://www.prufrock.com/client/clie..._Girls/Ch._6/Counseling_Gifted_Girls.cfm

Jen
Thanks SPG!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum