Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Lorel The Joy of Math-Teaching Company - 12/18/08 12:28 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, I have a link to my review of this "Great Courses" offering. http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art41135.asp

People who saw Dr. Benjamin at the YS summit last year know what I am talking about!
Posted By: JBDad Re: The Joy of Math-Teaching Company - 12/18/08 01:48 PM
Lorel,

Thanks! Were you reading my mind? This would be perfect for us. Maybe I can find it second hand somewhere. Price is probably the only negative...

JB
Posted By: Kriston Re: The Joy of Math-Teaching Company - 12/18/08 02:18 PM
They regularly go on sale for something in the $30-100 range. And they're really, really HUGE courses! So it isn't as bad as it looks. Definitely wait for the sales though. It's tough to beat 70% off or whatever it is.

(Obviously I need the math course myself, I guess... wink )
Posted By: incogneato Re: The Joy of Math-Teaching Company - 12/18/08 02:40 PM
This is new for us. I haven't looked into these resources. Maybe some kind person who is in the know can post when the sale comes up....
Posted By: Kriston Re: The Joy of Math-Teaching Company - 12/18/08 03:12 PM
I'll try to remember. smile

Once you get on their list, they e-mail you when there's a sale. They also sometimes e-mail notices about free podcasts and such. Pretty neat.
Posted By: incogneato Re: The Joy of Math-Teaching Company - 12/18/08 06:21 PM
Thanks, I'll sign up for their e-mail.
Posted By: questions Re: The Joy of Math-Teaching Company - 12/18/08 08:11 PM
Here's their website: www.teach12.com FWIW, I emailed homeschoolbuyersco-op.com last week and suggested them as group buys. We'll see...
Posted By: Lorel Re: The Joy of Math-Teaching Company - 12/19/08 06:05 PM
The Joy of Math was on sale recently for $70. I don't know if it is still available at that price, but the others are absolutely right about getting on the mailing list to learn about sales. Many libraries also have Teaching Company offerings.

Glad to be of help!
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: The Joy of Math-Teaching Company - 12/19/08 08:04 PM
Also, my library system carries several of the titles. Unfortunately, not the one I want.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum