Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: MegMeg Prodigy math game - 11/24/14 08:51 PM
Prodigy

Just discovered this, and we're loving it. It's more practice than teaching, but the "gamification" is way better than, say, Dreambox. We're finding that it makes a nice complement to Dreambox and Singapore Math, we bop among the three of them as we like.

The only problem for us is, DD refuses to let herself lose! So if it tries her on something she hasn't learned yet, she refuses to give wrong answers and demands that I teach it to her on the spot. This morning I tried to give her a lightning-tour of reducing fractions, and it stressed both of us out, but she would not let it go. (On the plus side, I now have a child who is highly motivated to understand fractions.)
Posted By: Can2K Re: Prodigy math game - 11/24/14 09:04 PM
My kids really got into it as well. And I had the same issue with DS6 - once he got to something he didn't know he wanted us to teach it to him right away. Not sure how it calibrates - it ramped him up pretty quickly to stuff at DD10's level at which point he became frustrated.

However, I was able to get him to try Dreambox with the suggestion it would help him to learn how to play Prodigy better. ;-)
Posted By: MegMeg Re: Prodigy math game - 11/25/14 12:56 AM
Ha! laugh
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum