Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: st pauli girl Discovery Education Science Deal - 09/10/08 12:38 PM
Hi -forgive me if someone already posted this, but I just found this on the homeschool buyer's coop:

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/37372465/

Access to elementary and middle school discovery education science for $129 (76% off). Does anyone have any experience with this? I did a couple demos, and i think my DS would really like it, but i'm waffling.

Thanks!
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: Discovery Education Science Deal - 09/10/08 12:51 PM
Me too. I need to check it out some more. Are these videos not part of the regular Discovery Education account?
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: Discovery Education Science Deal - 09/10/08 01:08 PM
I see there are discovery streaming choices too - which looks like just videos (but a lot more than in regular DE). Is that what you're talking about?
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: Discovery Education Science Deal - 09/10/08 02:15 PM
Probably lol. I haven't investigated enough to know. I'll try to check out all the demos later.
Posted By: questions Re: Discovery Education Science Deal - 09/10/08 02:30 PM
Yes, it's separate. Note that for the most part, the streaming videos include teacher's notes, sometimes quizzes (but I believe science has actual interactive activities). btw, the Streaming Plus includes a lot of the Standard Deviants videos. I've looked at science, but we're already doing the cybered courses. No more time in the day for these, but I'd be interested in what the rest of you think for future reference.

© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum