Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Quantum2003 Any free multimedia editing software? - 01/01/14 01:17 AM
I am not sure if multimedia editing software is the right description, but I am looking for software that will allow DS/DD to merge and edit their videos with still pictures and computer screens. They shoot lots of videos and upload them to you-tube as well as blog, etc. DD showed me some software that you have to purchase, but I am wondering if there are any free alternatives that are easy to use, particularly with the internet.
I think you can do a bit of that with Windows Live Movie Maker. It came with my laptop.
Posted By: ColinsMum Re: Any free multimedia editing software? - 01/01/14 09:13 AM
Handbrake is useful and free, too. (I forget exactly what I did in each, but I've used a combination of WL Movie Maker and Handbrake to do simple things.)
Posted By: Bostonian Re: Any free multimedia editing software? - 01/01/14 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Quantum2003
I am not sure if multimedia editing software is the right description, but I am looking for software that will allow DS/DD to merge and edit their videos with still pictures and computer screens.

For what operating system? If Windows, which version?
Thanks. I will have DS/DD check whether it's on their laptops or downloadable for free.
I will have them check out Handbrake as well - thanks.
DS/DD have Windows 7 on their laptops.

They also have been using the ipod touch to record recently and that has iOS 6, although I don't know whether there are any apps allowing you to edit directly on the ipod touch or if you need to transfer to a PC or MAC to do any editing.
Posted By: vincebeny Re: Any free multimedia editing software? - 03/13/14 03:51 AM
I feel that Windows movie maker is supremely easy to use. Just drag and drop a few clips onto the programand immediately they're assembled into order, transitions and special effects are just a click away.

web design company san francisco
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum