Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: 1111 Ideas for language curriculum; grammar, writing - 11/21/13 07:51 PM
DS6 is in 1st grade at a private school. Things are going well thanks to the school being willing to let us practice "out of the box" teaching methods. He is doing EPGY math instead of the schools math program (with a senior, honor student present), additional spelling words on his level and I am allowed to bring in worksheets for his level everyday. Pretty much partial homeschooling IN school...:-)

I am thinking a more structured language program would be a good idea though. As of now I am just sending in random sheets.
Any ideas for a good program? Something with worksheets would be good since he will mostly be doing it in school. Writing instruction, grammar, spelling etc.

Thankful for all suggestions!
Thank you so much MON! So far I have looked up the Wordly Wise and it looks great. I think I might go with that for vocabulary since I can just copy the pages and send it to school.

Great ideas! I will look into the other suggestions next.
I have also heard good things about the Michael Clay
Thompson language arts materials for gifted kids. I do not have any experience with them.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum