Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: scooby Grammar - 08/17/08 12:11 AM
I am currently using easy grammar but would like additional input in grammar for middle school child. I would like to supplement with extra [ractice on the parts of speech such and predicate nominative, direct object, indirect object and all the other parts of speech that my child needs to review
thank you
Posted By: Cathy A Re: Grammar - 08/17/08 12:21 AM
Have your tried this?

http://www.dailygrammar.com/
Posted By: questions Re: Grammar - 08/17/08 12:52 PM
We haven't used it, but I liked the looks of this one: https://www.englishgrammar101.com/Login.aspx You can just click on the left where it says get started without registering.
Posted By: Kriston Re: Grammar - 08/17/08 05:58 PM
That is a good site, questions! Thanks!
Posted By: questions Re: Grammar - 08/17/08 06:36 PM
smile I'm happy when I can help.
Posted By: KAR120C Re: Grammar - 08/17/08 07:00 PM
Ooh thanks, questions!! I've been looking for a quick-and-easy grammar thingy for DS this year and that site might be exactly what we need! Yay!! smile
Posted By: questions Re: Grammar - 08/17/08 08:02 PM
And for spelling, I liked www.spellingcity.com. Particularly playing hangmouse - don't let the cat get you!
Posted By: LMom Re: Grammar - 08/17/08 08:20 PM
Thank you, questions. That's a great link.
Posted By: Ania Re: Grammar - 08/26/08 02:08 PM
Questions - is the English Grammar 101 a completely free interent resource?
Posted By: questions Re: Grammar - 08/26/08 02:46 PM
Don't know. It looks like it's free if you just use the links on the left. I imagine to save your progress you have to register, but registration may well be free. We're still using EPGY LAW, so I haven't used it yet. Take a look and let us know.
Posted By: KAR120C Re: Grammar - 08/26/08 02:55 PM
DS is loving this grammar thing! We're not saving work, just keeping a note about where he left off, and when he gets to a test I'll write that down. I'd be willing to pay for it if I had to, but so far it's been free smile
Posted By: Ania Re: Grammar - 08/26/08 05:03 PM
Kar - so you have not registered? Just using the things on the left?
Posted By: KAR120C Re: Grammar - 08/26/08 05:11 PM
Yup. I only looked briefly, but it seemed that the registration was aimed at classroom teachers. I could be wrong though.
Posted By: Ania Re: Grammar - 08/26/08 05:20 PM
OK, I just did a couple of exercises and it worked fine. Under the terms of service they actually specify that it is OK to use it as a guest. Looks like a perfect exercise to supplement my daughter in class work this year. Thanks!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum