Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Grinity Splash @ MIT anyone? - 11/01/06 12:58 PM
Are any of us Northeastern USers going up to MIT's splash? DS10 and I are seriously considering it. http://esp.mit.edu/web/takeaclass/splashdir.html

We hear it's very good.

... the MIT SPLASH program is an annual learning weekend for middle school and high school kids (or those above 8 working on those levels) that takes place the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Love and More Love,
Robin
Posted By: Ania Re: Splash @ MIT anyone? - 11/29/06 09:18 PM
I checked that website just before Thanksgiving. Looks like it's geared more towards gifted high school kids. Did you attend?
I wish MIT was closer to the Rockies :-)(by the way, all the resorts are open now, come and check out this "greatest snow on earth"
Ania
Posted By: Grinity Re: Splash @ MIT anyone? - 11/29/06 09:32 PM
DS10 had a wonderful time, and I had a great time watching him smile! Even though he much happier now at his new school, it's still pretty rare to see absolute joy in his face. Splash is has lots and lots of options, so I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend it to any Middle School or High School kid who is willing to read the courses and see something that catches their interest. For $20 on can attend as many or as few classes as one would like.

Ania - you have snow? Well I guess it's time. We haven't had a flake yet.
Smiling,
Trinity
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum