Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Kate Great meeting with new school! - 04/30/10 04:00 PM
I'm so happy! We are starting a new school next year for DS7...it is a public school for the gifted that goes from grade 2 to 12. We had one meeting a month ago and then a second meeting today to go over his current IEP and behavior plan. The school is ADDING daily social skills training as well as keeping his twice weekly speech and once weekly OT. Plus, since he has outside athletics (swim team) he can do computer lab during PE class (which is a major cause of meltdowns!) I am thrilled that they are being so accommodating because it goes against "conventional wisdom" in this city: people have told me they have no extra services for 2e kids...they have to sink or swim. So far, they have been bending over backwards! (The asst. principal did make one negative comment last month, saying, "Maybe your son isn't as smart as you think he is," but she took it back after she saw the school psychologists testing reports LOL) So, my fingers are crossed for a good school year next year! Nan
Posted By: Grinity Re: Great meeting with new school! - 05/01/10 05:21 AM
Wow that sounds wonderful! ((Happy Dance!!))

And who was the person who believed in DS7 and was able to figure out what he needed and was able to ask for those things?

I'll bet it was you, dear!!!!! Yippee!!!!
Grinity
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum