Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
My ds is currently going through assessments through our public charter school (he's homeschooled) to see if he qualifies for IEP services. I haven't yet been contacted by the psych. to scheduled testing, but I was told that his testing will be sometime in the middle of April because the tester is flying in to test other students.

My ds already had a WJ test, as part of an academic assessment by an educational therapist and we submitted the test to the school with our request for assessment. When I received the paperwork for IEP assessment they requested that he have the WJ test B because he had the test just 5 weeks ago and he can't see the same test for a year. I know the WISC-IV is a much better test, and it is my first choice but we used our school funding to pay for the assessment because they were a school vendor because we really wanted to know what was going on with ds, and it was basically a "free" option. Can I request a different test, or must we accept the WJ test? He ended up hitting the ceiling in a couple of areas, but he hit the floor in others. I really think the WISC-IV is a much stronger test, and I would love for him to have good testing since I'm sure he will never want to do this again.
Bump
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum