Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: ksy GADS? - 03/22/10 02:22 PM
Does anyone have a copy of, know of, etc the GADS questions?...I can't get them online (I know its a kit)..I just want to see the questions.
Cheers

Posted By: chris1234 Re: GADS? - 03/23/10 01:50 AM
No, haven't seen that one; I think the copies of questions are usually kept pretty tightly. From googling quickly, it sounds like GADs is an assessment questionnaire for parents, teachers, etc., for aspergers/autism spectrum.
I am posting because this sounded like basc II, if I am remembering the acronym correctly, one of the assessments done for my son. There were a ton of questions (it seemed to me) and you had to consider the last several months, and you had to mark whether behaviors were never/seldom/regular/frequent, or some similar combo. It was really hard I thought to make these choices. Are you considering having an assessment for a dc, or curious about one that has already been completed?
Posted By: ksy Re: GADS? - 03/23/10 05:03 AM
HI Chris...we are due for an assessment, but I've been a basket case about all of this...he always passes any test I can find online, but GADS is a big one (Gilliam ), so I am desperate to see the questions...the wait is horrible
Posted By: chris1234 Re: GADS? - 03/23/10 11:59 AM
Yes, yes! I know exactly what you mean frown You want/need to know what's going on with your kid(s) but finding out something 'less than ideal'...well, ug.

We did the whole shebang for ds9 about a year ago, got some surprising/not so suprising info about him, so although it is really really hard to go through all this and listen to what the docs/assessors are saying it is a good thing to do. (but always consider your gut when taking in the assessment). Other great advice I've read here is that even after an assessment you still have the same great kid - he is not any different than the month before. Hugs to you!!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum