Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Mamabear Has anyone read or used this resource? - 02/12/09 04:12 PM
Reflexes, Learning And Behavior: A Window into the Child's Mind : A Non-Invasive Approach to Solving Learning & Behavior Problems

I came across it on Amazon (of course, it is out of stock) but with my dd7's visual issues and what I have learned from her vision therapist, I think it might be an informative read.
I was wondering, If you have read it, did you find it helpful?
Posted By: doodlebug Re: Has anyone read or used this resource? - 02/12/09 04:22 PM
I haven't read that particular book but the topic is certainly a good one. SI theory is largely based on failure to integrate primitive reflexes and much of OT related developmental treatment involves the use of sensorimotor based activities which facilitate integration of primitive reflexes and developmental of appropriate motor responses in terms of balance, righting, equilibrium and movement. The approach is certainly beneficial for many children.

Reviews of the book seem to suggest it is a good book for understanding the problem but not much about treatment. I added it to my wishlist, so thanks for posting!

Posted By: Mamabear Re: Has anyone read or used this resource? - 02/12/09 04:35 PM
I studied for the SCIPT certification some time ago, before things happened that altered my career path. Perhaps this will be a good "refresher course" for me?
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum