Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: willagayle cool description of giftedness - 03/08/07 03:07 AM
>Giftedness - a condition beyond simple intelligence<

I found this on an MBTI page. What a fantastic definition, imo. It really summarizes it, imo, as another "learning difference".
Posted By: elh0706 Re: cool description of giftedness - 05/24/07 09:03 PM
I like it!

My son has an interesting definition of magic. "Magic is all the things science still has to figure out."
Posted By: willagayle Re: cool description of giftedness - 05/25/07 07:24 PM
Rite (now 15) used to call his imagination his "magic nation" when he was about 2!! not that that has anything to do with this thread. your magic comment just reminded me of it.

yeah. I think fantasy is where science leaves off, too...like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings and all. Given that medical science just discovered they had been treating "death" incorrectly by hyperoxygenating the cells and thus killing the living, there is so much in the "beyond our comprehension" that we must at least learn to accept we do not yet have the answers to much of anything.

sigh. and I so want to know the answers.

Mite (9) says, "Sometimes I get so excited about what I'm going to know at the end of a project that its disappointing when I get done and realize I didn't find out what I wanted to know but just a bunch of uninteresting stuff instead." (or something to that affect):^)

© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum