Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: BSM Very frustrated tonight - 01/20/16 03:34 AM
DS12 had an unclear homework assignment that stressed him out. Some directions were written, some verbal. My wife and I could not figure out exactly what he was supposed to do. Ultimately, we decided that he would not do it, and instead he would ask for clarification tomorrow.

Why am I frustrated? We specifically have a provision in his IEP that the school is supposed to provide all assignments in writing. On top of that we are averaging 1-2 IEP violations per week. Some are minor, but they are adding up.

In any case, I've emailed the teacher and asst. principal about the homework and IEP issues, respectively. Still really frustrated that the school cannot follow simple instructions. Thanks for letting me vent. smile
Posted By: Platypus101 Re: Very frustrated tonight - 01/20/16 04:03 PM
Vent absorbed. Sending in its place strength and support and continued awe and admiration for the fabulous job you do supporting and advocating for your kids. I have learned a lot from your sharing here, not the least from how you continue to persevere and find the next step forward and give your kids what they need, despite the insanity and obstacles thrown at you.
Posted By: longcut Re: Very frustrated tonight - 01/20/16 07:44 PM
That sounds very frustrating! Hope you find some resolution soon. Sure wish it weren't so difficult sometimes.
Posted By: BSM Re: Very frustrated tonight - 01/20/16 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Platypus101
Vent absorbed. Sending in its place strength and support and continued awe and admiration for the fabulous job you do supporting and advocating for your kids. I have learned a lot from your sharing here, not the least from how you continue to persevere and find the next step forward and give your kids what they need, despite the insanity and obstacles thrown at you.

Thank you. I'm just trying to do the right thing for my kid. I have a great partner in my wife, and a non-so-great partner in our school district.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum