Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: cammom Hilarious - 05/25/15 03:09 AM
Just some levity to start the summer to people who can relate... My DS8 with ADHD has (to completely underestimate the situation) in-depth knowledge of a variety of eclectic topics. Space, spiders, all deadly animals, natural disasters, the relative strengths of his Magic the Gathering playing cards, how much time it takes to wash all of the windows of the Burj Khalifa, etc.

Tonight in the car he said, "I love to talk on long car rides with you and daddy. Because, for you, there is no escape."

Posted By: ljoy Re: Hilarious - 05/25/15 04:45 AM
YES! That is my DD8!
Posted By: HowlerKarma Re: Hilarious - 05/25/15 05:25 PM
Tuck that one away, turn it inside out, and pull it back out when he's about six years older. LOL. whistle I do.

Just saying-- this is a fact that most PARENTS of teens also make ample use of, I must say. In-the-car is the BEST opportunity for sticky topics that they don't want to hear, or would walk away from.
Posted By: cammom Re: Hilarious - 05/25/15 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
Tuck that one away, turn it inside out, and pull it back out when he's about six years older. LOL. whistle I do.

Just saying-- this is a fact that most PARENTS of teens also make ample use of, I must say. In-the-car is the BEST opportunity for sticky topics that they don't want to hear, or would walk away from.

Thanks for the tip HowlerKarma- the "no escape" is a two way street! It was a humorous moment of insight for DS. I would have said in the past that DS has no awareness of his unrelenting talking, but now I'm re-thinking this assumption.
Posted By: bluemagic Re: Hilarious - 05/25/15 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by HowlerKarma

This is a big disadvantage of my DS16 getting his driver's license. In the past month I suddenly know a lot less about what is going on in his life.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum