Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: KJP Planning ahead for off task behavior - 01/29/14 05:50 AM
Kind of a quirky/weird story about kindergartners and organized inattentiveness

2e DS6 puts forth sporadic effort at his private school. Maybe it is winter time, or he is bored or that his 2e issues are not accommodated. I am not really sure but I am taking a break for a while from trying to fix anything. It is a good enough fit.

Anyway, tonight he told me that yesterday he made a graph to help him and his friends stay organized when they aren't doing their work. At first I thought he was trying to keep people on task.

Of course not.

He actually took a poll to find out what other kids liked to do when they were supposed to be working. Some people like to look at the floor for sparkly things like loose glitter and then pick it up and save it when they have a chance to move through the room. Same with broken colored pencil tips and old staples. There were some other things too.

Apparently there was some upset if multiple people were looking for the same thing and the graph he made is supposed to straighten it all out with some sort of agreed daily rotation.

Yay for problem solving and making a graph?
Future in organized crime?
Suggest they sweep???

Posted By: Expat Mama Re: Planning ahead for off task behavior - 01/29/14 07:55 AM
All of the above ;-) & proof he and potentially others are really bored!
Posted By: puffin Re: Planning ahead for off task behavior - 01/29/14 10:25 AM
It is always good to have a plan.
Posted By: ultramarina Re: Planning ahead for off task behavior - 01/29/14 12:26 PM
Bwa! This totally sounds like something my DD would do!
Posted By: madeinuk Re: Planning ahead for off task behavior - 01/29/14 01:32 PM
Demonstration of ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts in a mutually satisfactory manner - that's leadership potential right there!
Posted By: DeeDee Re: Planning ahead for off task behavior - 01/29/14 01:38 PM
LOL, KJP.
Posted By: CCN Re: Planning ahead for off task behavior - 01/29/14 06:47 PM
Serious awesomeness, right there smile

(and wow... yes, they should sweep) ...cringe

Maybe your DS6 could create a class sweeping schedule smile
Posted By: Irena Re: Planning ahead for off task behavior - 01/29/14 09:09 PM
OMG - your DS is awesome! Love this... so cute!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum