Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Hi all:

Some of you might have seen my request on the Hoagies' Facebook page...I am trying to help out a LA-area friend who is seeking an ASD assessment for her young son (preschool age). She reached out to me, as my 6.5 year old daughter is gifted and has PDD-NOS.

My friend is in Los Alamitos, CA -- but is open to anyone in the greater LA area.

Her son is ticking tons of boxes on the ASD red flags list -- stuff that appears to go well beyond overexcitabilities. He is also extremely bright. I'm sure many of you can relate to this profile!

My friend is keen to try to get a better understanding of his seemingly complex profile, hence the desire to work with a good psychologist or developmental pediatrician who has strong experience with 2e profiles (esp. gifted kids who have ASD).

Any recommendations?

She feels very overwhelmed at the moment, so I am trying to help out best I can!

Thanks so much!

There are "help and services" searches on this webpage: http://www.aspergersyndrome.org/Home.aspx

We have always had our best luck at the autism center of a children's hospital. UCLA has a very good autism program: I think I'd probably call there first.

DeeDee
DeeDee, what a great suggestion (and I am smacking myself in the head for overlooking the obvious!) Thank you!!!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum