Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: indigo book - Your Rainforest Mind (June 2016) - 07/24/16 01:27 AM
Gifted adults may be interested in the book Your Rainforest Mind, by Paula Prober, MS, MEd.
I have been reading her blog and really enjoying her perspective. Thank you for sharing!
Posted By: lechien Re: book - Your Rainforest Mind (June 2016) - 08/26/16 12:28 PM
This is lovely. Thank you for posting it here.

I read a few entries on her blog and read some comments too. It's validating.

But still, I wish I could meet locally other "divers" among all these "waterskiers." I like that metaphor she used. Just a few days ago I was telling my (wonderful) partner, that I feel like everyone is iceskating above while I'm below underwater.

If not for my partner, I'd have gone crazy already.
Posted By: indigo Re: book - Your Rainforest Mind (June 2016) - 08/29/16 02:21 AM
The only online presence for "Gifted Connections Unlimited" which I can find is a facebook page, and a mention of the upcoming book discussion on Hoagies ("What's New" page, and "Gifted Conferences, Events, and Gatherings" page).

Clicking through the announcement on Hoagies, I see that the registration deadline is September 1, 2016 for the discussion group which begins September 13, 2016. The $200 price tag is a tad high for my budget. Registration after September 1st is higher: $250. The registration form shows that payments go to Lori Comallie-Caplan. She is a counselor in NM, and former President of the Board of SENG.

While the six-week, professionally facilitated discussion group may be a benefit to many, others may wish to read the book and discuss it here in a free forum.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum