Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
I'm forwarding this request from a friend. I can absolutely vouch for Aimee...

----------------------------------------------------------
Request for Research Participation: Cheetahs on the Couch

I am a doctoral student in clinical psychology, and an educational therapist specializing in work with people who are gifted and twice-exceptional. For my research project, I am doing an exploratory study about the quality of the working relationships gifted clients experience in psychotherapy. My goal is to help therapists better
understand how to work with these clients.

If you consider yourself cognitively gifted and have ever been in individual or family psychotherapy, whether for reasons related to your intelligence or not, I am interested in hearing your story about your experience of the therapeutic relationship. You can share your
story by filling out an open-ended questionnaire, and some
participants will also be selected for telephone or video-chat
interviews.

Children and adolescents can participate, with permission of a parent, but must be able to provide their own first-person narratives.

All responses will be treated as confidential.

Only responses received by 31 March 2010 will be included in the doctoral project. However, I will continue to collect data until 31 January 2011, to enrich the data set for possible future publications.

As a thank-you, participants responding by 31 March will be eligible to receive one of three $25 Amazon.com gift certificates in a random drawing.

For more detailed information and an informed consent form, or if you have any other questions, please contact me directly, or visit the following URL:

http://www.davincilearning.org/sketchbook/research.html

Feel free to forward this letter to individuals or groups who would be interested in participating, or suggest places where I might post it myself. (Please do not spam, and respect the guidelines of any mailing list or forum where you post it. Please do not forward this as a chain letter.)

Thank you very much!

-- Aimee Yermish
doctoral student, clinical psychology
Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
educational therapist
da Vinci Learning Center
aimee@davincilearning.org
I'm bumping this up so people have a better chance to see it. I think this is a good chance to help with current research into giftedness.

Thanks!
Bump
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum