Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Grinity Seattle Washinton testers? - 04/08/11 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by amom
hi all,
on the topic of testing , can someone suggest a tester in the seattle , wa area ,
my dd4 will be probably testing in a few months for Kadmissions to private school.
I am looking for someone warm and engaging , (who comes accross
as a nurturing person)as dd works well with such people
thanks
amom
Posted By: Nan Re: Seattle Washinton testers? - 04/14/11 02:17 AM
A lot of people we know used Fred Provenzano. He does a lot of testing for a couple of the local gifted schools, so he does see a lot of gifted kids. Our son seemed to work well with him, fwiw. I don't think I'd call him nurturing, but he's friendly and approachable for the kids. We liked him well enough to use him a couple of times and would probably use him again if we feel the need for additional testing. I just asked my son and the first word that he used to describe Dr. Fred (as he goes by) was "friendly."

There is also an older woman who works in his office who I saw interacting with a child in the waiting room as she was bringing him back from a testing break. I was impressed by her manner with him--I would describe her as warm and encouraging. She did comment a fair amount to the child about how well he'd done, which could be a plus or a minus, depending on your child's personality.
Posted By: cecenk Re: Seattle Washinton testers? - 04/27/11 04:33 AM
We used Belle Chenault. She was very warm and engaging. She also re-tested a section where she thought my son did not perform as well as she had expected.
Posted By: Cathy A Re: Seattle Washinton testers? - 04/27/11 09:16 PM
There are also Drs. Brock and Fernette Eide. http://www.neurolearning.com/

Posted By: Trillium Re: Seattle Washinton testers? - 04/28/11 01:22 AM
There's Dr. Meera Shin in Bellevue. English is not her first language, so if you think your dd might have a problem understanding someone with an accent, you might want to look elsewhere. But she's as warm and engaging as they come. smile
Posted By: Aimee Yermish Re: Seattle Washinton testers? - 04/28/11 02:06 PM
Fernette and Brock are excellent and thoughtful -- second the recommendation.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum