Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: gracies_mom After School Activities in New Jersey? - 02/02/10 07:28 PM
DD's teachers recommended we enroll her into some enrichment activities after school like reading groups. The problem is that I can't seem to find anything. I've googled my brains out but I'm coming up dry.

I live in Middlesex County but will go to Union or Monmouth county if anyone has any leads.

Also, how have you found after school learning activities for your kids?

Thanks so much!
Posted By: delbows Re: After School Activities in New Jersey? - 02/03/10 06:08 PM
Many Universities have summer camps and commuter programs for K-12. You might start your search for those types of summer programs in your area and then contact the directors for recommendations/information of after school programs.
Posted By: Mama22Gs Re: After School Activities in New Jersey? - 02/04/10 03:28 PM
Hi gracies_mom,

Have you tried the New Jersey Association for Gifted Children website for info from other parents of gifted kids in your area? I have no experience with the site (just found it via Google), but it looks like they have a discussion board there, too. It might be another avenue to try. Good luck with your search!

Here's the link I found:

http://www.njagc.org/educators-parents
Posted By: questions Re: After School Activities in New Jersey? - 02/04/10 06:24 PM
I also sent you a pm with several links and suggestions.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum