Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a school psychologist or other professional who has experience with the HG/PG population in North Florida (or even South Georgia, or maybe even Central Florida)? I have researched in North Florida and really not come up with anyone, people have given recommendations (not from this board or Davidson in general) but then when I ask questions the tester knows nothing about this group of kids.
Thanks!
Would N.Orleans work? Nadia Webb is there, i think.
In Florida Gifted is covered under special education. Your local school district should have a psychologist on the payroll.
Even if you are not going the public school route, you should be able to talk the phychologist, or gifted coordinator, who will have a list of local testers. smile
What part of north Florida are you in? We had good luck with a tester in Gainesville, FL that I would recommend.

Gifted is covered under special education here in GA too, though not the same as in Florida. DS5.5 was (just finished) testing with the school psychologist instead of me paying for private testing. So definitely check with the school district!!!
If you check out Hoagies gifted, there are links to all of the psych. familiar with gifted per state.
I sent you a private message with a suggestion. It's someone in central Fl, so it might be a bit far for you. I would think you could find someone closer, but if not...hope it helps.

Jen
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum