Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: cammom Denver area schools - 07/23/17 11:44 PM
Hello,
We're considering a move to the Denver area in the 2018-19 school year. My son has ADHD, and is a DYS. He scored to get into DYS but the minimum 145 GAI--so he *can* definitely do okay in school with the right amount of challenge and support.

Is anyone familiar with Evergreen Country Day School? They seemed lovely on the phone, and the environment seems kind for kids who struggle but also need that academic enrichment.

Other ideas? We're pretty flexible on where to live in the surrounding area. We're flexible about private/public/charter.

DS benefits from a rigorous environment high on structure and warmth and support. He enjoys discovery type learning, but may ultimately do better day to day with more structure.
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: Denver area schools - 07/24/17 01:46 AM
My cousins kids went to The Peak School in Frisco. If you look at the website, its pretty neat.
Posted By: knute974 Re: Denver area schools - 07/24/17 05:07 PM
Although I've heard of it, I am not familiar with Evergreen Country Day. Since Evergreen is in Jeffco, You might want to post the same question to the Jefferson County Association for Gifted Children (JAGC) Facebook page or possibly the Colorado Association for Gifted and Talented (CAGT) facebook page.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum