Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: jenbfl Testing in central Florida? - 01/22/16 02:34 AM
Looking for recommendations for testing in central Florida to help us distinguish between whether behaviors we're seeing are due to giftedness, Asperger's, or both.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: indigo Re: Testing in central Florida? - 01/25/17 04:03 PM
Have you checked the list of Psychologists familiar with testing the Gifted, on Hoagies Gifted Education Page?
Posted By: ElizabethN Re: Testing in central Florida? - 01/25/17 04:16 PM
I do recommend that you use a tester who is familiar with autism if you have a real concern about Asperger Syndrome, especially if you have a girl. Ours managed to fly under the radar until she was 11!
Posted By: jenbfl Re: Testing in central Florida? - 01/25/17 08:04 PM
We ended up with a neuropsychologist who was great and was a huge help for my son!
Posted By: Cookie Re: Testing in central Florida? - 03/02/17 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by jenbfl
Looking for recommendations for testing in central Florida to help us distinguish between whether behaviors we're seeing are due to giftedness, Asperger's, or both.

Thanks in advance!

I used university of central Florida. I was pleased with the quality of the assessment (but it is a student supervised by a professor). But she (and the entire clinic) have tons of experience with gifted. They do a bunch of gifted research there as well as anxiety research (which we were concerned about). My son does have Aspergers and they did tease out the gifted part from the Aspergers and the associated anxiety (not a separate dx).
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum