Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Chana Gulfcoast - 07/03/13 04:50 AM

I am just wondering if there is anyone on these forums from the GulfCoast, specifically Louisiana-Pensacola.
Posted By: Dude Re: Gulfcoast - 07/03/13 03:57 PM
LA here.
Posted By: Chana Re: Gulfcoast - 07/07/13 01:59 PM
Hi Dude,
I'm glad to see someone from our part of the Universe on here and you gave great advice on my DD10s perfectionism. I am LA also. I am going to patiently wait to find out if my daughter is accepted, but I have already found these boards to be helpful.
Posted By: Chana Re: Gulfcoast - 07/08/13 12:12 AM
Hey Dude, Glad to see there is someone from my area and you gave great advice for my DD10. I am LA also in the metro New Orleans area.
Posted By: Dude Re: Gulfcoast - 07/08/13 02:10 PM
Glad I could help.

We're on the other side of the lake.
Posted By: itsbmarie Re: Gulfcoast - 09/22/13 02:33 AM
Hi Gulfcoast & Dude,
My DD6 is in Gifted enrichment & Talented Visual Arts, North of the Lake. I've been looking for over a year for any type of parenting group. Do you guys have any suggestions? She recently joined Mensa, but I haven't had the time to see what the local chapter offer their young members and their families.
Posted By: jba8280 Re: Gulfcoast - 09/22/13 08:59 PM
We're from around Lafayette.
Posted By: Chana Re: Gulfcoast - 09/22/13 11:19 PM
Welcome both itsbmarie and jba8280,

I am also "North of the Lake". I am not aware of any particular parents group outside of the group lagifted.org which is I think more of a public school advocacy group. You might try there. I think we get our support from these forums. If you are new, you will soon understand why. You can also send PMs, if you want to talk about more specifics so you are not announcing to the world everything about you and your kid.

© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum