Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: lsc Chicago Gifted Community Center Picnic - 07/04/12 03:15 AM
Chicago Gifted Community Center is a new nonprofit started by Chicago area parents of gifted.
We are hosting the first Annual Gifted Community Picnic on July 22nd.

July 22, 2012 from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Schiller Woods, Site 12

8400 West Irving Park Road (west of Cumberland Ave.), near to O'hare Airport

It can be accessed off of East River Road or Cumberland. Click here for a map of Schiller Woods.

This is an opportunity to meet gifted families from all over Chicagoland. You do not need to be a member of CGCC or to register for the event. It is open to all families of gifted in Chicagoland. Please bring a picnic for your family. You also can bring a dessert to share if you would like. There will be some activities to enjoy such as paper airplanes, Legos, bubbles and a treasure hunt.

Information also available on the blog on our website:
http://chicagogiftedcommunity.org/
We are planning on going!
Posted By: lsc Re: Chicago Gifted Community Center Picnic - 07/04/12 01:27 PM
Yay! Look forward to seeing you there! Thanks for posting.

We're hoping to make this a recurring annual celebration of the Chicago area gifted community, and a place where gifted families and kids have an opportunity to meet and reconnect with each other.
I received an email a few weeks back from a member of this board. I have talked to a few friends and they may go as well with families of course!

I am looking forward to meetng people from the area and hopefully some will have children at some of the private schools so I can pick their brains!
If we are in town, we will try to make it.
Posted By: lsc Re: Chicago Gifted Community Center Picnic - 07/07/12 03:44 PM
Barbarajean,

I would love the opportunity to meet you and your daughter. Please look for me if you are able to come.

Leslie Contos
just curious if anyone is going this afternoon
Posted By: C_Gruener Re: Chicago Gifted Community Center Picnic - 07/27/12 01:04 AM
We went and had a great time! Thanks!

:-)
Posted By: lsc Re: Chicago Gifted Community Center Picnic - 08/19/12 04:04 AM
Glad to hear you had a good time. I did too!

I'd estimate we had about 100 people (including kids) and the site holds up to 300, which leaves us room to grow. If you didn't make the picnic this year, we hope to see you in 2013!

Leslie Contos
http://chicagogiftedcommunity.org/

We had a great time too! DS loved the treasure hunt. And he learned to play chess in just a few hours lol
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum