Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: WannaBeGTEduc DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/19/11 10:18 PM
I just had to celebrate, and this is the only place I can do so.... It took us several months to complete her paperwork, and of course we still have to do the enrollment paperwork now, but I am very excited to be a step closer. Now I guess I should stop pretending that I am waiting to make sure my application answers were sufficient before applying for our older daughter, huh?

I can't wait to get a family consultant - I've been losing sleep over what to do for DD6's school next year.
Posted By: Grinity Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/19/11 10:46 PM
Yippee! Get DDOlders's applications in really soon, ok?
Smiles,
Grinity
Posted By: doclori Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/19/11 10:58 PM
Congrats! DS7 was accepted too -- see you on the forums!
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/19/11 11:36 PM
congrats docloru and WannaBeGTEduc
Posted By: triplejmom Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/20/11 02:45 AM
Congrats to you both! WannaBe, glad you finally got the app in. I hope you will find it as great as we do!
Posted By: yayadream Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/20/11 03:56 AM
My DD5 got accepted too. Received letter this afternoon, just finished the enrollment form. So happy to be home!
Posted By: doclori Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/20/11 02:05 PM
Congrats to you yaya!
Posted By: onthegomom Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/20/11 02:10 PM
Congrats!!!!
Posted By: Iucounu Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/20/11 03:06 PM
Congrats! I hope you get lots of value out of the program.
Posted By: triplejmom Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/20/11 07:39 PM
Congrats yaya!
Posted By: WannaBeGTEduc Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 12/27/11 12:35 AM
Update: I sent in DD6's acceptance paperwork last week, and also submitted DD11's application the same day. Thanks for all the congrats, and congratulations to the other new members.
Posted By: onthegomom Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/18/12 04:32 PM
DD8 is accepted to DYS! It's a little shocking because I submitted with IQ and portfolio. I just didn't think the portfolio was going to be enough but it was! YEAH!!!
Posted By: Iucounu Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/18/12 05:01 PM
Congrats!!! Please share the contents of your portfolio!
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/18/12 05:05 PM
congrats!
Posted By: Lukemac Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/18/12 05:57 PM
Yay!
Posted By: onthegomom Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/18/12 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Iucounu
Congrats!!! Please share the contents of your portfolio!

She just had some writing that she did at school. Some of it was Science related and factual. The others were stories she wrote.

I'm excited for this opportunity. Her older brother is in this so it's nice she is in it too.
Posted By: Iucounu Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/18/12 08:55 PM
Thanks. I think it helps those who come after to see specific examples of what's worked for a portfolio at a particular age.

I'm excited for you too. We haven't really taken advantage of DYS at all, except for having our family consultant write a letter to the school, but I guess we should start once I figure out exactly what would help us besides the information they give you. I was in the Facebook group, but then I dropped Facebook. smile
Posted By: Grinity Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/18/12 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by onthegomom
DD8 is accepted to DYS!
Yippee! Great News!
Posted By: Grinity Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/18/12 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by WannaBeGTEduc
submitted DD11's application the same day.
Good for you WBGT!
Posted By: onthegomom Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/19/12 03:30 AM
Thanks. I think it helps those who come after to see specific examples of what's worked for a portfolio at a particular age.

DS who has been DYS for 2 years has been very "Gifted Showie" with projects, ideas, personality and his portfolio. These items felt like they would validated PG. His IQ score just made it.

DD8 is not so "Gifted Showie" but her portfolio replaced additional testing. But,I'm not good a comparing writing ability among her peers. Her scores were a little higher too.

Posted By: onthegomom Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/19/12 03:40 AM
I'm excited for you too. We haven't really taken advantage of DYS at all, except for having our family consultant write a letter to the school, but I guess we should start once I figure out exactly what would help us besides the information they give you. I was in the Facebook group, but then I dropped Facebook. smile

I think "What will help" is such a big process with trial and error. You could contact your FC and let her know what not right and get some ideas for improvement.

For the first time in years, I'm just relaxing a bit on all the gifted needs.

I wish you luck with your situation.
Posted By: Mam Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/19/12 04:33 AM
Cool!
Posted By: chkitchens Re: DD6 is accepted to DYS !!! - 01/20/12 02:50 AM
Congrats to everyone accepted! My DD11 was just accepted too.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum