Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: slnews2 Interpreting KTEA-II and KBIT-2 Results - 05/25/11 06:05 AM
I recently received a summary of DD (age 5) testing results. Summary stated she is "above average" What is the difference between "above average" and "upper extreme" and what constitutes each?

Thank you
Posted By: Grinity Re: Interpreting KTEA-II and KBIT-2 Results - 05/25/11 09:13 AM
While it is gramatically correct to say that DD is above average I think that her score don't belong in the catagory usually called above average.

Try googling 'percentile to standard deviation' for a graph of the bell curve to get a visual. Like height there are fewer individuals as one creeps out to the edges. Maybe the expression should be. 'It's lonely at the sides.'

Smiles
Grinity
Posted By: Grinity Re: Interpreting KTEA-II and KBIT-2 Results - 05/25/11 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dottie
Sorry Grinity, I have to correct you, wink . On the WISC..."superior" is used for 120-129, roughly 91st-97th percentiles. "Very Superior" is for 130+, or 98th+. That's the highest label for the WISC.
thanks Dottie! You're my hero! I'm so happy that the days when I used to ponder over DS14's WISC scores are gently fading into dim memory.
Posted By: slnews2 Re: Interpreting KTEA-II and KBIT-2 Results - 05/27/11 04:15 AM
Thank you. Obviously this is all new to me. Unfortunately, no gifted or enrichment until 3rd grade in our schools, so I am trying to find extracurricular activities that are both interesting and stimulating for her. Understanding the scores will help. Looking forward to that day when pondering is a dim memory.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum