Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: yannam DYS Sept - 09/05/10 10:05 AM
I submitted DD5 application for Sep ( sub Aug)...
last i heard from DYS-my appilcation is complete and ready for this month....
want to share updates...
thanks
Posted By: Cathy A Re: DYS Sept - 09/05/10 10:28 PM
Good luck, yannam smile
Posted By: Breakaway4 Re: DYS Sept - 09/06/10 11:24 AM
Yes, good luck. Keep us posted!
Posted By: kec Re: DYS Sept - 09/06/10 06:32 PM
I submitted an application last September, but was asked to supply achievement test scores. We tried in April, but my DS had a fever on the morning he was to take the tests, so it was put off until July. I submitted the report a few weeks ago and an update to the application last week.

You now have company in your wait, Yannam smile
Posted By: MAE Re: DYS Sept - 09/06/10 07:19 PM
DS7's application is complete this month, except I don't know if they ever received the main recommendation letter. They did receive a letter from a family friend, so that completed the app. I won't be surprised if they ask for achievement - the portfolio was hard to put together considering he spent an enormous amount of energy over the last year trying to get out of doing any writing. His WISC is solid so that should help.

It's nice they review applications every month and not just once or twice a year.

Posted By: jwoap Re: DYS Sept - 09/08/10 04:04 AM
Hi - I am a lurker. And we are waiting right with you yannam. I am not sure how long it takes, but the waiting it the worst.
Posted By: Mam Re: DYS Sept - 09/08/10 12:52 PM
2 weeks if super early, think more of 3!

Good luck to everyone!

Posted By: Grinity Re: DYS Sept - 09/08/10 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by MAE
It's nice they review applications every month and not just once or twice a year.
It is very nice. Funny how it still feels like it takes a whole 6 months to us anyway. Thanks for reminding me of that reality. My sympathy to those who are waiting. I'll pass the((virutal chocolate or comfort food/object of choice))
Posted By: yannam Re: DYS Sept - 09/08/10 10:38 PM
thanks everybody
my DD5 did not have a approved IQ test, she had reynolds intellectual assessment score- composite 153, hope they accept...
I put a small video of her reading a book
let us see how this go
I am not good at filling that application also.. hope they do not reject based on his dad knowledge
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum