Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: CourtneyB DYS July - 07/30/10 04:30 AM
We submitted for July 1 and just found out today (due to email going to spam folder, stupid gmail!) he was accepted!

Now to fill out the enrollment form and send it in!!
Posted By: Kriston Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 04:36 AM
Yay! Good news!

smile

Our DS6 was accepted, too. It should make many things--including travel to Summits--much easier.
Posted By: CourtneyB Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 04:45 AM
Congrats! I bet having them both accepted will help a lot!

I don't know whether we'll try for DD4 or not (she'll be 5 shortly)
Posted By: Grinity Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 10:23 AM
Congrats CourtneyB and Kriston!
Posted By: LMom Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 12:15 PM
Congratulations to both of you!

Kriston, now our "little" ones can get to meet each other at the Summit. Yay.
Posted By: gratefulmom Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 01:05 PM
Congratulations, Kriston and Courtney! You'll have to PM me and let me know when they are up and running. Mine is going to be very excited to hear that there are more 6 year old boys in the program! smile
Posted By: BWBShari Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 02:00 PM
YAY!! The more the merrier! I was looking at the roles of DYS a couple f days ago and found a new kiddo listed for our state. I contacted his mom and we are going to get our boys together in a couple of weeks. DS might finally have a peer!
Posted By: hkc75 Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 02:38 PM
Yeah!!! Congratulations!!!
Posted By: incogneato Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 03:36 PM
Congrats to Courtney and Kriston's children!

And a special congrats to my very wonderful *lurker* friend who never posts!! grin
Posted By: Chrys Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 04:36 PM
Awesome!
Posted By: AlexsMom Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 04:48 PM
Congrats to both of you! That's great!
Posted By: Kriston Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 07:35 PM
Thanks, friends. smile

Yes, LMom! We must get all the boys together! For sure! Their ages line up so neatly.

And yay for another boy the right age in your state, Shari! I really think those social connections are one of the best parts of the program.
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 08:28 PM
Congrats Kriston and Courtney and kiddos! (And Shari too - it really helps to have peers around, even if you can't get together too much.)
Posted By: CourtneyB Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 08:44 PM
Thanks everyone! He doesn't have any clue about it yet but I'll have to tell him soon I guess.

Originally Posted by gratefulmom
Congratulations, Kriston and Courtney! You'll have to PM me and let me know when they are up and running. Mine is going to be very excited to hear that there are more 6 year old boys in the program! smile

I'll let you know when we're up and running! I don't think we're that far away from you, we're in the Tracy area.

Courtney
Posted By: Kriston Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 09:38 PM
Courtney, when I told DS6, his first response was to turn up his nose! The little creep!

I think he thought it was something he'd have to do, not something fun. I explained it and he got more into it.

It's particularly funny because he has been enjoying DYS get-togethers--the informal ones that allow siblings--and friendships for nearly 3 years now. He just didn't know it. LOL!
Posted By: Mom0405 Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 11:16 PM
congrats!
Posted By: incogneato Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 11:21 PM
LOL at Kriston's DS 6. What a little character! grin
Posted By: CourtneyB Re: DYS July - 07/30/10 11:24 PM
That's funny Kriston!
Posted By: shellymos Re: DYS July - 09/01/10 02:39 AM
Yay! congrats to you both (sorry I am super late seeing this). And yay for more 6yos in DYS, even though neither of you are close. Maybe someday we will do the Summit. It's kind of hard with DD3 though...wouldn't want to leave her behind and she doesn't seem to be a good DYS candidate as of yet.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum