Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: benny Eide Clinic in Seattle - 06/08/09 07:05 PM
Hi,
My DS11 is enrolled in a GT program and has a diagnosis of dysgraphia, anxiety, and ADHD. I'm considering having a more complete set of testing done that might help us to prioritize services for treatment. For example, dysgraphia can lead to anxiety, ADHD can lead to anxiety, ADHD and anxiety sometimes look very much alike, giftedness can look like so many other things.

My question is, has anyone ever been to the Eide Clinic in Edmonds, WA? We are in Spokane, about 4 hours away, and could travel that far. Alternatively, we could get to Denver (further but doable) to Linda Silverman's Clinic.

If you've done this, did you learn anything new? beyond the information we have, which is WISC IV, a psychologist's diagnosis, and our own observations?

Benny
Posted By: giftedticcyhyper Re: Eide Clinic in Seattle - 06/09/09 11:25 PM
I would LOVE to go there although since I've read their book, I don't actually think that we need to anymore. :-)

Posted By: Kai Re: Eide Clinic in Seattle - 06/09/09 11:42 PM
I had my son evaluated by the Eides. It was a fabulous experience. They do all kinds of different tests (but not IQ) and gather an amazing amount of information. The report we got was 50 pages long, all of it information targeted to my son's case (and not boilerplate). After years of evaluations that never revealed the truth (gifted/dyslexia), theirs nailed it. I would highly recommend them and I would be happy to respond to any specific questions you might have.
Posted By: giftedticcyhyper Re: Eide Clinic in Seattle - 06/09/09 11:48 PM
Would you mind giving us a ballpark on the price? Obviously, prices vary but are you talking about a $3000 experience?
Posted By: Kai Re: Eide Clinic in Seattle - 06/10/09 12:29 AM
I think it was $2500 (2.5 years ago). I know that insurance (if you have comprehensive coverage, which we didn't at the time) will sometimes cover quite a bit of it.
Posted By: benny Re: Eide Clinic in Seattle - 06/10/09 03:20 AM
Thank you! I have asked around here and no one I know has been there. It seems odd since it's close.

The website (Eideneurolearning.com????) has ALL the information right up front; the tests and the price. My hunch is that our insurance would cover anything deemed "medical" but not anything related to LD's.

Yes, I may have more questions!

© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum