Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: lilswee ITBS Question - Planning - 04/20/09 02:49 PM
I was wondering if any of the homeschoolers that used the ITBS through pesdirect could share when exactly the tests arrived?

I ordered them for the week of 5/4-8, and was wondering if they show up before the weekend (and if I could use the weekend in planning when to give the test). Thanks for any info.

Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/20/09 04:21 PM
I used Brewer's testing service. They took a week from the time they were ordered.
Posted By: RJH Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/20/09 05:37 PM
Ours arrived a little over a week before we needed them.
Posted By: Kriston Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/20/09 08:32 PM
PESDirect gave us a little over a week's lead time, too. It was plenty of time for me to look it over to be sure I knew what I was doing and plan the schedule.

I did start giving the test early, since I had the materials and had some time that (early) week. If you want to test over the weekend to make your week easier, you certainly can do that.
Posted By: lilswee Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/20/09 08:49 PM
Thanks, that is what I was hoping. I wasn't sure how the whole process worked, I just knew there was a deadline to send them back.
Posted By: RJH Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/21/09 08:23 PM
I just got an email saying my test results have been mailed. It took about 4 weeks smile
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/21/09 08:58 PM
We got our test results back in about 2weeks or so through Brewer's testing service.
Posted By: RJH Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/23/09 05:37 PM
Just got DS's CogAT results back. Not sure what I was hoping for, but I'm surprised at the lack of info I got. I guess it was the same amount of info I got from the from CAT. They give # of items total, # of items correct, and the national percentile rank. DS's scores were:

Verbal 99% 47/48
Quantitative 99% 48/48
Nonverbal 94% 45/48
Composite 99%
Posted By: incogneato Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/23/09 05:49 PM
Wow RJH! That's an excellent score! Congrats to DS!

That's the same info we got through testing at school. We got a *number* to go with.

I don't know if this helps but DD missed nothing on verbal, one on quantitative and two on nonverbal and received a composite number of: 150.

Pretty close to your DS.

Take that boy out for some ice cream or something! smile

Neato
Posted By: RJH Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/23/09 05:53 PM
Thanks for that info. I didn't get any "150 type numbers" on this report. Is there a way for me to figure that out based on the info they gave me? I forgot to add that I do have the stanine #'s. They were 9,9, and 8.
Posted By: incogneato Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/23/09 10:21 PM
I'd ask the school. You can try calling the test maker, but I'm pretty sure they'll refer you back to the school. If I recall correctly, DD did have stanine 9 in all three categories. That would seem to mean that missing that one question on nonverbal meant the difference between an 8 or 9?

Not sure, I'm not the test expert round here! Based on what I've heard about the test in general, though, DS obtained an excellent score.
Posted By: RJH Re: ITBS Question - Planning - 04/23/09 11:46 PM
Thanks ladies!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum