Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Hello,
My daughter 7yrs2m recently went through WISC-V Testing and her scores are as below. My question is, is it worth applying for Davidson with these scores and what are the chances she will be accepted. We are going through some additional testing soon as the Psychiatrist feels that her actual IQ is much higher. During the testing she suffered from Streph Throat and was feeling very poorly. Should I submit the application?
Full scale IQ* 99.7th
General Abilities Index
(GAI)
99.8th
Verbal Comprehension 99.9th
Visual Spatial 99th
Fluid Reasoning 98th
Working Memory 99th
Processing Speed 99th
Without any further information, it is, of course, a bit difficult to say, but there is certainly no harm in submitting an application, I would think. (What's the worst thing that can happen? They say no, and your situation is unchanged. Then maybe you get more data, and consider re-submitting.) But given that you are actually in the midst of the testing process, you might want to consider waiting until you have that additional data, especially since it is likely to either support the existing scores, or support the suspicion that her actual cognition is higher. Either way, you will have data to support the conclusion.
Nice to hear!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum