Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Laurie918 Is Calculating GAI Appropriate here? - 08/10/18 02:30 PM
Hoping the wonderful minds here can help. A parent friend of mine had her 7 year old daughter tested for dyslexia. There is a mention in the report of the GAI being appropriate to use (FSIQ= 119) instead of the FSIQ which he listed but the tester doesn't mention what the GAI is and he is now out of office for the next 3 weeks on holiday. The CTOPP and GORT results are pretty clear on the dyslexia diagnosis but the mom was wondering why they didn't identify the GAI number. My twins had the WISC IV a few years back so I can't help. Hoping someone here can provide guidance on what the GAI # would be.
Similarities- 16
Vocabulary-13
Block-14
Visual-13
Matrix-10
Figure-10
Digit-8
Picture-11
Coding-17
Symbols-11

Any guidance would be appreciated!
Posted By: aeh Re: Is Calculating GAI Appropriate here? - 08/10/18 08:17 PM
It's within points of the FSIQ, which is probably why the examiner didn't bother to report it separately. Because Coding is her highest score, and Matrix Reasoning and Figure Weights are among her lowest, the GAI is actually very slightly lower than the FSIQ. The more relevant difference is between VCI and both FRI and WMI.
Posted By: Laurie918 Re: Is Calculating GAI Appropriate here? - 08/18/18 05:09 PM
Thank you AEH. As usual, you are a wealth of knowledge and guidance.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum