Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: ss62 Summer Institute for the Gifted - 03/01/18 06:47 PM
Does anyone have any experience with SIG? Some of their courses sound interesting and they offer courses at a high school near where we live. Appreciate feedback on the courses for my 8 yr old.
Thanks.
Posted By: funtimes Re: Summer Institute for the Gifted - 03/02/18 01:46 PM
Yes my kids enjoyed them. I sent with a school friend the second year and it was even better. My Mg/verbal kid was a perfect fit. My PG/math kid was good socially and in courses where he was on the younger end. We avoided math bc its almost never a good fit. They loved Cryptology and the building/creative courses. We also only did 1/2 day. Overall it was fun and got them laughing and working in groups with new kids, then we hit the pool!
Posted By: ss62 Re: Summer Institute for the Gifted - 03/02/18 10:55 PM
thanks funtimes. Are your kids in elementary grades?
Posted By: ss62 Re: Summer Institute for the Gifted - 03/02/18 11:06 PM
I am checking their catalog. There is a day program (3 weeks) on a topic : Logic and Facts, Sherlock kind of stuff. I am sure my DS would be interested in something like that. Did your kids choose such a course / have you heard of it ?
Posted By: funtimes Re: Summer Institute for the Gifted - 03/03/18 02:47 PM
Yes, we did SIG after 2nd. I think the 9-11 age group had the best courses. There was a detective one we didn't do because they were too young but their friend loved it.
Posted By: ss62 Re: Summer Institute for the Gifted - 03/13/18 01:13 AM
Thank you.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum