Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Arrw09 DYS BBs - 02/07/17 09:50 PM
Hello! I'm wondering if there are any DYS family members here willing to walk me through the process of getting started on the BBs after receiving email notification that you're officially registered. I'm all kinds of confused. PMs are fine if it's inappropriate to do here.
TIA
Posted By: Quantum2003 Re: DYS BBs - 02/08/17 03:17 PM
First, if you have one DYS, you should have three sets of usernames/passwords. As I have two DYS, I have four sets of usernames/passwords. Make sure you are using the appropriate ones because the usernames determine which parts of the website you can access. Each child has his/her own username/password to access/post on the kid sections of DYS and other then keeping a record of these, you obviously shouldn't be using them. The parents have one username/password to access/post on parent sections of DYS. However, before either you or your child(ren) can use your individual usernames/passwords, you have to log on using the shared username/password to access the website.
Posted By: Cranberry Re: DYS BBs - 02/09/17 07:25 PM
Did you receive an email titled "Davidson Young Scholars Welcome"? There's an attachment called "Membership Information Program Benefits.pdf". This has the direct URL, username, and password for each resource available. Each item has a description of what is contained and for whom it is intended.

If you didn't get it, you should reach out to DITD directly.
If you did, and still have questions, I'll still recommend contacting them, as I don't see a way to present it in a different way that would be more clear.

You will have link and ID/password for:
- The Young Scholars Private Website (YSPW)
- Parent Discussion Bulletin Board
- Parent Online Seminars
- Young Scholar Online Seminars
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum