Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Merlin Wisc iv extended scores interpretation - 04/29/16 07:59 PM
Hi I'm new to this forum. My DS8 just got results back from his iq testing. His neuropsychologist said it will take several weeks to write the report. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone had their take on it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Posted By: aeh Re: Wisc iv extended scores interpretation - 05/03/16 10:08 PM
Welcome!

Your DC has excellent scores. These are DYS-eligible scores, FWIW. There are a couple of lower scores (all at least average), but their meaning will depend on context, such as the presence or absence of IRL concerns.
Posted By: Merlin Re: Wisc iv extended scores interpretation - 05/04/16 06:37 AM
Thanks for the reply. Any idea what the big score ranges could imply? Just developing asynchronously? Or is this a normal span seen in some kids?
Posted By: aeh Re: Wisc iv extended scores interpretation - 05/06/16 04:30 PM
The magnitude of the index score differences is fairly low incidence in the general population, and somewhat less so in the GT population. It could be any of a number of causes, (including asynchrony) some of which have no serious deleterious impacts on life. As I said previously, if you have no IRL concerns, I wouldn't worry about it.
Posted By: Merlin Re: Wisc iv extended scores interpretation - 05/06/16 08:21 PM
He is 2E so the variations in scores does explain the things we see daily. Thanks again for you input.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum