Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: fjzh Prep before WISC-IV...? - 04/19/16 10:40 PM
My 7 year old is homeschooled, never been to school, and I can't think of any situation where she's had any sort of test/quiz/assessment. We're pretty relaxed homeschoolers.

Should I prep in any way for an educational evaluation with an experienced psychologist? I know it'll be the WISC-IV and them some other sort of math/reading assessment. Or do I just leave well enough alone and assume the psychologist knows what to do for a variety of kids? Actually, I'm going to email her right now and ask this question too, but I'll take any of your input if you have some.
Posted By: ElizabethN Re: Prep before WISC-IV...? - 04/19/16 10:49 PM
http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/test_prep.htm

Make sure s/he gets a good night's sleep and a good breakfast with some protein in it.
Posted By: fjzh Re: Prep before WISC-IV...? - 04/19/16 10:53 PM
ElizabethN, thank you for that link! I didn't think that actual prep questions were a good idea, but that page gives some good ideas for explaining it. Thanks again!
Posted By: dreamsbig Re: Prep before WISC-IV...? - 04/20/16 02:19 PM
I agree with ElizabethN, all the prep needed is making sure your child gets a good night's sleep and a good breakfast.

My son was also tested at 7. To my surprise, he thought the WISC-V was a lot of fun and keeps asking when he can go back and do it again (it also didn't hurt that he got to skip a day of boring school).
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum