Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: gabalyn OLSAT curiosity - 01/14/16 02:00 AM
My 13 dd took the OLSAT today for private school admission. She said that is was "pretty easy" and she might have gotten 6 out of 72 questions wrong. Anyone want to satisfy my curiosity and take a flyer on what score that might translate into? Assuming she is right if course. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: LAF Re: OLSAT curiosity - 01/14/16 03:42 AM
I think the percentile for 6 incorrect on a test of 72 would be 91.7%.

But I'm terrible at math and used an online calculator..so YMMV smile
Posted By: ElizabethN Re: OLSAT curiosity - 01/14/16 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by LAF
I think the percentile for 6 incorrect on a test of 72 would be 91.7%.

No, that would be the percentage correct, which is a totally different thing, and not particularly helpful without knowing more about the test.

I don't see any information online on how to get from a raw score to a scaled score for the OLSAT, and it would be different depending on her age anyway. The stuff I saw online said there were two sections of 30 questions each. I think you have to just wait for your results.
Posted By: LAF Re: OLSAT curiosity - 01/14/16 06:23 AM
ElizabethN is correct- it will say once you receive it- but I know how you feel it's hard to wait on test results/
Posted By: puffin Re: OLSAT curiosity - 01/14/16 06:47 AM
I am an apalling judge of how well i have done. You will have to be patient. Tge percentile depends just as much on how well other people did.
Posted By: gabalyn Re: OLSAT curiosity - 01/14/16 11:14 AM
Aw, drat! wink it didn't even occur to me to ask whether/when I might get the results until she told me about "6 wrong" and then I started obsessing, probably because it is more fun to think about that than about the end of our homeschooling! In the end, the score doesn't matter one bit. She'll either get in or not.
Posted By: purpleviolin Re: OLSAT curiosity - 03/11/16 10:19 PM
DS11 had 4 wrong out of 72, and is 99.9% across board.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum