Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
My son [deleted] and I took him to a developmental psychiatrist - I could have taken him to a neurologist, but my pediatrician recommended this psychiatrist. DYS application is asking if we have ever consulted a psychologist or psychiatrist, and if so I have to attach all their notes. It doesn't say I have to attach any other doctor's notes… I sort of feel uncomfortable releasing this information, not to mention it will be a pain to get the notes from the psych. Not sure what to do. I don't mind telling them he has a diagnosis, but it's just having to attach everything that is a problem...
I would describe what he saw the psychiatrist for, summarize what he told you about your DS, and say that you do not have any written notes from him. Give his contact information, and if they need anything else, they can ask him directly. I bet they don't bother.
Okay, I will do that. Thanks.
I should clarify that I am not in any way affiliated with DITD, except that my daughter is a DYS.
Got it- didn't think you were smile
Good! Others have in the past, for mysterious reasons, so I try to be clear with my messaging. smile
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum