Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Expat Mama Variations by Country in Results? - 10/23/13 11:21 PM
I am new here and hoping that one of the many experts on this board can provide me with answers & insights!

My question is...
When I look at my son's (11) "report" (using the CHC Ability Domains, which includes WISC-IV, WJ COFG III, & WIAT-II ) he is compared with other children of similar age in Australia where we are currently living, would the results be different if he was compared to other children from the US where my husband and I are from or from Europe where is was raised until recently? Presumably they would vary, but by how much?

For my immediate purposes, I am not sure this really matters in terms of end result but I am very curious and if we move again it might be quite useful.

Many Thanks!
Posted By: uppervalley Re: Variations by Country in Results? - 10/25/13 11:57 AM
The data cited here suggest that Australia is not very different from the US and Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nations_and_intelligence
Posted By: puffin Re: Variations by Country in Results? - 10/26/13 11:26 AM
There are apparently some tests that kids from different education systems do better in but I don't think the differences are huge and would only apply after the child had been in the system a while. Number matching in the WJ111 cog is apparently easier for US kids than NZ ones.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum