Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: dsandmj No word from Davidson Young Scholars - 08/05/13 04:07 PM
Has this ever happened to anyone?

We submitted our application for DYS in June and received an e-mail on June 26 that the application was complete and would be sent to review on the 1st of the month. July came and went and we heard nothing. I sent e-mail on August 1 and still no word.

Does anyone have a clue about what is going on? What am I missing?

Thanks.
Posted By: ColinsMum Re: No word from Davidson Young Scholars - 08/05/13 04:14 PM
Just covering the obvious: you've checked your spam folders I assume? I think I'd be suspecting an email problem and following up by phone or paper.
Posted By: dsandmj Re: No word from Davidson Young Scholars - 08/05/13 04:22 PM
Thanks for responding, ColinsMum. I have indeed checked the spam folder. All of the other DYS e-mails came through to my regular inbox with no problems. I called this morning and the recording says don't leave a message if you've already sent e-mail. I guess I could leave a message anyway. It's just baffling.
Posted By: madeinuk Re: No word from Davidson Young Scholars - 08/05/13 04:43 PM
Almost the exact thing happened to us - submitted late March and waited all of April in vain. We eventually sent DYS a follow up email and were told that Dds application would be reviewed in May. At the end of May we found that DD was in!

Moral of the story? Hang in there! :-)
Posted By: dsandmj Re: No word from Davidson Young Scholars - 08/05/13 04:45 PM
Thanks for the support, solaris!
Posted By: dsandmj Re: No word from Davidson Young Scholars - 08/05/13 04:46 PM
Thanks, madeinuk -- grateful for the support!
Posted By: dsandmj Re: No word from Davidson Young Scholars - 08/05/13 05:40 PM
Okay, I called and got through to someone. It turns out that e-mail was sent to me and my husband separately on July 31 and neither of us got it. Weird, huh? Anyway, they resent the e-mail and all's well that ends well. Glad I called!

Oh, and BTW, DS13 got in -- yay!
Posted By: MaddyCO Re: No word from Davidson Young Scholars - 08/05/13 09:03 PM
We just had a similar experience (prior DYS e-mail had gone to my e-mail box, but the acceptance one went only to my DD's e-mail...and she doesn't check hers often!). Contracts on DS13 getting in!
Posted By: ColinsMum Re: No word from Davidson Young Scholars - 08/05/13 09:46 PM
Phew! Congrats. I did have to read "they resent the email" twice, though - funny, I'd never noticed that one before.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum