Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: yuchi0103 Need help for Portfolio for 1st grader - 04/19/13 03:44 PM
Could anyone can give me any idea for how to prepare portfolio for 1st grader? In Qualification Criteria says they need to have at least four academic work samples. But my son is in Public school and they don't teach much. Also, they didn't do any project at school only some art craft...
Posted By: gabalyn Re: Need help for Portfolio for 1st grader - 04/22/13 01:11 PM
Try searching through old posts for ideas. Type the following into google: DYS portfolio site:davidsongifted.org/bb
Posted By: amazedmom Re: Need help for Portfolio for 1st grader - 04/22/13 07:54 PM
From what I have read you need to show work at LEAST 3 grade levels above.It's okay to assign work yourself that is above grade level for the portfolio. You can show him doing some 4th-5th grade math, reading comprehension, etc worksheets. I know a lot of people do videos of their child reading at a very advanced level and then discussing it. There have been a couple of recent portfolio questions on here with lots of ides. Good luck. We are applying for May, but I didn't do a portfolio, just IQ and achievement scores.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum