Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Rene101 NWEA - rank and growth trends - 02/14/13 02:00 AM
At the end of 2nd grade, my triplet daughters had year-end Math scores of 221, 225 and 220. Their Language Arts scores were 219, 212 and 211. They are in a Grade 3 High Ability class taking Acuity tests in preparation for grade-level ISteps. The MSD will not give them another NWEA assessment until 5th grade. How do I assess growth for grade 3, 4 and 5 without the buy in from the MSD? Wondering in Indiana....
Posted By: Percy Re: NWEA - rank and growth trends - 02/14/13 06:27 PM
Maybe next year you can sign them up to take the Explore. My son's school has always given NWEA MAPs at least 2 times a year - even though they really only use the test to give them info on cut scores for the AYP test - but it has been a nice tool.
Posted By: kelly0523 Re: NWEA - rank and growth trends - 02/14/13 07:37 PM
I wonder why they are not testing. That seems to defeat the purpose of the NWEA, which is a MAP test to track growth and achievement. I don't know the answer to your question, I would discuss with the Principal or Superintendent and voice your concerns. Our school tests K-5, twice a year (Spring and Fall).
Posted By: Rene101 Re: NWEA - rank and growth trends - 02/15/13 02:05 PM
i will check out explore, but what is AYP? thanks.
Posted By: Rene101 Re: NWEA - rank and growth trends - 02/15/13 02:08 PM
i asked the college of ED at Butler University to proxy NWEA tests for my girls as a solution. there is a staff of one in the High Ability vertical at the State level.
Posted By: mcesarano Re: NWEA - rank and growth trends - 02/18/13 11:09 PM
I am a gifted consultant that has a license to administer NWEA MAP testing. The test can be administered virtually - you can contact me at mcesarano@highpotentialeducation.com
Posted By: Percy Re: NWEA - rank and growth trends - 02/19/13 04:08 AM
AYP is adequate yearly progress - the state tests are given to measure it for federal requirements
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum